Agile Technology – Software Development Methodology
We have adopted the Agile Software Development methodology from inception. The success of all software development projects has a lot to do with this amazing methodology. Agile software development is a group of software development methods based on iterative and incremental development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams. It promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery, a time-boxed iterative approach, and encourages rapid and flexible response to change. It is a conceptual framework that promotes foreseen interactions throughout the development cycle.
We follow 12 principles of Agile Development Methodology as under:
- 01. Our highest priority is to satisfy the custom requirements through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- 02. Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the competitive advantage.
- 03. Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- 04. Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- 05. Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- 06. The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- 07. Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- 08. Agile processes promote sustainable development.
- 09. Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- 10. Simplicity–the art of maximizing the amount of work not done–is essential.
- 11. The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- 12. At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.